This little recipe came at just the right time for me.
My local council have stopped accepting Tetra Pak cartons in recycling which meant no milk for my morning coffee... until now!
1 cup Jumbo Oats
3 cups Purified Water
Pinch of Salt
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
2 Dates (Chopped)
- Soak the oats in water for 30 minutes
- Drain and wash the oats well to prevent your milk from becoming gooey
- Blend the washed oats with 2-3 cups of purified water (or water that has been boiled and left to cool). Start with 2 cups of water and add more if necessary
- Blend in the dates and vanilla essence. You can add sugar here if you like
- Strain the milk through a sieve/nut milk bag/muslin cloth to remove the pulp
- Store in the fridge for 3-5 days